PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Our Direct Metal Deposition technology (DMD®) is an advanced additive metal process with far-reaching applications. DMD’s wide capability makes it a great tool for engineers in a variety of industries, ranging from oilfield to aerospace, from automotive to chemical, and from heavy equipment industries to defense. DMD® is ideal for the following production services.
- Hardfacing or Protective Coatings by applying cermet and other superalloy coatings.
- Remanufacturing and Restoration of damaged or worn out components.
- Multi-material Components with complex geometries.
- Free-form Fabrication of new components or adding features to existing parts.
Additive manufacturing is currently used in a variety of industries. And although there are many different types of additive metal processes available on the market today, DMD® offers a superior additive metal process for industry applications and solutions to problems encountered relating to wear surfaces or restoration and repair of components.
DMD® technology is used in many fields such as:
- Aerospace- Remanufacture high value turbine engine components and/or manufacturing new components; such as bosses, flanges on engine casings etc.
- Oil & Gas- Providing longer lasting downhole tooling through DMD hardfacing.
NEWS & EVENTS
DM3D is a bronze sponsor at laser additive manufacturing (LAM) show in Orlando, Florida March 4 & 5
DM3D to exhibit at SME RAPID 2015 in Long Beach, CA May 18-21
DM3D Participated in 2014 IMTS show in Chicago
We are going to RAPID 2014 in Detroit June 9-12 (booth 1108)
We are going to LAM in Houston March 12 and 13
THE ASSOCIATION FOR MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY: Component and Tool Life Extension Using Direct Metal Deposition (DMD).
May 1, 2013 MTAdditive: Repair and Remanufacturing of Turbine Components Using Direct Metal Deposition (DMD).
January 7, 2013
SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN: Breaking the Mold: Could Additive Manufacturing Resuscitate a Once-Proud U.S. Industry?.
May 2, 2012
FORBES: Additive Metal Manufacturing will change in next 5-10 years.